I was tired of the lack of variety of frozen vegetables. Suddenly I was eating wok-vegetables as a side dish for everything. ( Or at least that’s how it felt at the time.) I needed to come up with something new, something tasty, filled with flavors and I wanted to use fresh vegetables. Te result was really good, so I wanted to share my recipe with you.
- 200 g of very small tomatoes.( Green,orange, red, yellow. Use colorful tomatoes if possible.)
- 300 g Mushrooms. ( different sized, large, medium, small.)
- 1 Large zucchini
- 3/4 Red onion
- Tuscan spice blend
- Chili flakes
- Grated cheese
- 5-8 canned Sun-dried tomatoes
- Hetty’s spice mix ( chopped fresh herbs; oregano, rosemary, chives, lemon thyme and parsley.)
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make Hetty’s oven roasted vegetables:
- First start by pre-heating the oven to 425 degrees. Slice up the onion, Zucchini, and the small mushrooms and add them into a casserole dish. Wash the tomatoes and them into the dish.
- Gently cut or twist off the stem of both the medium and large mushrooms, and add the stems into the dish. Season the mushroom with salt and pepper.Fill the mushrooms with sun-dried tomatoes. One in each medium sized mushroom and 4 ish in the large mushrooms. Add some grated cheese on top. Put the mushrooms aside until further notice.
- Season the vegetables in the casserole dish with salt, pepper, chili flakes, Tuscan spice blend and Hetty’s herb mix. Add the filled mushrooms into the dish, and sprinkle some olive oil over the dish before you put it in the oven. Let it roast in the oven for about 20 minutes and it’s ready to be served.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family and I did. It’s a perfect side dish for poultry, steak, meatballs and pork.
I hope you have an amazing day, and I hope to see you back here tomorrow for a new post. Keep up the good cooking folks!