It’s Saturday and today’s dish is Hetty’s ground beef patties. We have an old family recipe and truth be told, the best ground beef patties I’ve ever tasted. I really wanted to share this recipe with all of you. I hope you like it as much as we do. We normally serve the patties with a stewed vegetables, boiled potatoes, and a brown sauce.
Ingredients for the patties:
2 pounds of ground beef
2 TBS of Potato floue
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 Teaspoons of powdered beef broth
How to make Hetty’s patties :
- Put the ground beef in a mixing bowl, add two eggs, potato flour, powdered beef broth, salt, pepper and 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Use a TBS of the ground beef mix and shape it into medium sized patties and fry them in a skillet with some butter.
- While the patties are cooking, start making a brown sauce and add the patties into the brown sauce when they’re done and let them cook for about 10 minutes.
Ingredients for Hetty’s brown sauce:
2 TBS of butter
2 Cups of dark beef broth
4 TBS of all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon of mustard
2 slices Brown goat cheese ( optional.)
How to make Hetty’s Brown sauce:
- Melt the butter and add the flour and mix it well together, then add small amounts of the broth at a time while stirring until you’ve used all 2 cups of the broth. Season with pepper, mustard and brown goat cheese.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes before adding the patties. Then cook for additionally 10-15 minutes.
I really love this dish, it’s easy, it’s fun and it’s tasty. I love that a dish as simple as this can taste so good. As I said above, I hope you like this dish as much as we do.
Coming up tomorrow is pork tenderloin in a home-made marinade served on a bed of sweet-potato mash, grilled asparagus and zucchini topped off with a mushroom sauce. I’m really excited about this. Later today I will also be posting a recipe of my apple cake with vanilla cream.
I hope y’all have an amazing day, and I hope to see you back here later today for the apple cake recipe and tomorrow for my new dinner recipe!