Yesterday we barely had an internet connection. Luckily our internet connection is back on today. I’ve been working on today’s recipe all day, not that it took all day to cook because it didn’t but I had to plan what to do. I was supposed to make a pasta casserole, and that is what I did. The thing is that as I went into the kitchen cabinets looking for ingredients I might need a lot was missing. Because of that, I had to think outside of the box. I picked out some ingredients I thought would be a good combo, and I sort of went with the flow. I have honestly never tasted anything like this before, and I was as skeptical as could be. But it turned out a success and I served it up with some garlic bread on the side. Sometimes you have to take risks to succeed and sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn’t but you still have to go outside of your comfort zone from time to time if you want to reach your goal, or simply be better at something. We all get nervous when we are about to cook something we have never heard of before, or have never tried to cook before. It’s like everything else in life, we get nervous when we step out of our comfort zone to try something new. Either if it’s skydiving, riding a bike for the first time or simply driving a car for the first time. But sometimes we just have to jump in head first and see where it takes us you know, and that is what I did today. I took a dive, head first into a dish I’ve never tried before, and it turned out flavorful and tasty. Here is today’s dish.
14 oz. Canned whole tomatoes
1 pound of ground beef
1 bell pepper
20 black stone free olives
2 teaspoons of sun-dried tomatoes
2 Cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 Cup water
1 Clove of minced garlic
All-around spice blend
Tuscan spice mix
Grated cheese for topping
Pasta or macaroni of your choice
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wash the bell pepper, take out the top and seeds. Cut the bell pepper in half and slice it into sticks. Peel the onion, and chop it up finely. Put some EVOO and a dash of butter into a thick bottom pan and sauté the onions and the bell pepper until soft. After about five minutes add in the garlic.
- While the vegetables are sautéing start working on the ground beef. Add some EVOO and a dash of butter into a large iron skillet. When the butter has melted add in the ground beef. Season with Tuscan spice mix, all-around spice blend, pepper and red chili flakes. Cook until it’s reached a golden brown color.
- When the ground beef is cooked add the meat to a plate and put it aside for now. Slice up the mushrooms and add them into the same pan you’ve cooked the ground beef in with some butter or Evoo. Season with pepper, chili flakes, and Tuscan spice mix.
- When the mushrooms are done start boiling the pasta of your choice as written on the label. In the meanwhile add the box of canned tomatoes and 1/2 a cup of water into the vegetables. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Finely chop up the olives and the fresh parsley. Add in the meat, the chopped olives, parsley and the mushrooms. Cook for additionally 20 minutes.
- Spray a casserole dish with a non-stick spray. When the pasta and the tomato meat sauce is ready to drain the pasta and add it into the casserole dish. Gently stir in the meat sauce. Then sprinkle some grated cheese on top and put it in the oven for about 35 minutes.
You can serve the dish with a salad or garlic bread on the side. This dish really surprised me, and I’m so happy that I made it and that I got to share this recipe with Y’all.
I hope all of you are having an amazing Wednesday so far and I hope to see y’all tomorrow for a new post.