Yesterday was Taco-Tuesday, I was in bed all day not feeling well. But I’m feeling better today. About 10 years ago or so my mom got this amazing idea on how to transform a rather boring and tasteless tortellini dish into something amazing, something so tasteful you would want to eat to every day. We normally buy our tortellini filled with sun-dried-tomatoes fresh from the grocery store. But this improvement knocks the ball out of the ballpark, to say the least.
I love how you can transform something so simple into something so delicious. Not all of us have a degree in pasta making, so most of us buy pasta in the store including tortellini. So this is to all the people out there in the world who buy their tortellini fresh at the grocery store.
1 pack of your favorite tortellini( I used the one that’s stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes. )
( Sun-dried tomatoes, but only if the tortellini is not stuffed with it.)
- Boil the Tortellini as written on the package.
- Put some butter and Olive oil into a skillet on high heat.
- When the tortellini is done boiling, drain the water.
- When the butter has melted, add in the tortellini and turn the heat down to low.
- after about 2 minutes in the pan add in the grated cheese and season with pepper.
- The dish is one when the cheese has started to melt. Serve it up right away.
I love how something so easy can taste so good. This is our family recipe on how to improve a tortellini dish from boring to super tasty in no time. If you would like to add the sun-dried tomatoes in you can do that at the same time you add in the grated cheese.
I’m so sorry for not feeling too good yesterday, I hope all of you are having an amazing day and I hope to see y’all back here tomorrow for a new post. I’m so lucky and grateful to have all of you as my followers. You’re all the very best.