I’ve been running errands downtown all day. The thing about not having a car is that in the end you most likely end up having to take a cab back home. On top of that I manage to forget the pack of candy. I was to send to a friend of mine in Texas. Now I won’t be able to go to the post office before next week.
I was in the mood for tacos today, but I wanted to take it to the next level, so I did. It turned out amazing, and I hope y’all like it too. It’s so easy and so tasty and so worth it.
1 Green chili ( or jalapeño)
1/2 onion, diced
1 Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
Dried red chili flakes
1/2 lime( the juice of half a lime.)
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 Clove of garlic ( grated)
Corn ( canned or fresh.)
Diced cucumber ( as much or as little as you might want.)
Old El Paso salsa
( Note: add the diced cucumber and the corn into small bowls so it’s easy to just take a spoonful into the tortilla wrap.)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add some butter and a dash of EVOO into a pan. Chop up the onion and slice up the green chili. ( remove the seeds if you don’t want it to be too spicy.) when the butter has melted add the onion and the chili into the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Let it cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Slice up the mushrooms and put them into another pan with EVOO and butter. Season with salt, pepper and dried red chili flakes. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add in the ground beef with the onion and the chili. Let it cook until it’s golden brown. When the meat is cooked, add in the Old El Paso taco seasoning mix and add as much water as written on the label.
4. Wash the tomatoes, dice them and add them into a bowl, add inn the juice of half a life, half a grated garlic, salt, pepper, dried red chili flakes. Then clean the avocado before adding it into the mix. Use a fork to gently mix it all together.
5. Use a pastry brush to brush a casserole dish with EVOO. Put a tortilla wrap on a plate, fill it with the meat, the mushrooms, corn, diced cucumber, guacamole, grated cheese and salsa. Wrap it together and put it into the casserole dish. Let it cook in the oven for 10’minutes. Serve it up with some sour cream on the side.
I hope y’all like this recipe as much as we do. I will for sure be making this again, and soon I hope.
I hope all of you are having an amazing Friday so far and I hope to see y’all back here tomorrow for a new post.