Wednesday, a new and bright day. All I’ve done all day is go for walks with the dogs and sleep because I had my treatment yesterday and it wears me out completley. But I promised you the vanila bun recipe, and here it comes. It was a recipe I got from my friend Chris, and the they turned out really tasty and they even looked amazing, so I’m super excited about sharing this recipe with y’all.
You will need:
1 kg All purpose flour
5 dl Milk ( room temprature.)
150 g Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla sugar
1 Teaspoon kosher salt
12 g of dry yeast
!50 g diced butter
16 Tablespoons Vanilla cream
1 Egg (to burshing the buns.)
3 dl Icing sugar
2 Tablespoons cold water
100g shredded coconut
- Add the flour, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla sugar, yeast, and the egg into a large mixing bowl. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, using a machine or your hands. Add inn the diced butter and knead the dough for another 10 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrapp and let it rise for about one hour until the dough has almost doubbled in size.
- After one hour, divide the dough into 16 equally large pices. Roll them into buns, put them on paking paper og a baking tray. Use your fingers to make a pit in the middel.
- Cover the buns with a kitchen towel and let it raise for another 30 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. After 30 minutes, add one topped tablespoon of vanilla cream into the pit.
- Whisk the egg with a fork in a cup and brush the buns with eggs before putting into the oven to bake for about 20 minutes. Let the buns rest before serving. Add 3 dl of icing sugar and two tablespoons of water into a bowl and mix it gently together before adding it on the buns, sprinkle some shredded coconut over the top and your buns are ready to be served.
I’m so sorry that the recipes is in DL and KG, and Grams. But It’s easy to google, I do it all the time when I stumble over a recipe like this one. It’s easy and quick to convert into the messurment of your preferance, like cups instead of dl.
This is perfect for baking during the weekened and you can involve your family, kids included. Make a fun memory on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. 🙂 I hope all of you love this recipe as much as we did.
Tomorrow I’m running around duing errands all day, but I will try my best to post some snaps during my day to give y’all a insite in my life.
You can follow me on :
Snap: Hettymariaa ( screen name Hettyshomekitchen.com )
Signing off the kitchen for today..